Motivation Monday – The Secret to Success!
December 26, 2011
Mia The Diva
Fabulous Friday! Better Than Beauty Secrets – Slip into your Erotic Soul
December 23, 2011
Mia The Diva
When we are on our journey to better health and wellness, sometimes in the area of seduction we may feel uncomfortable given to our weight, how we look or we may just be plain tired and not have the energy to put into it.
If you are in a relationship or if you are single it’s important to always keep that inner seductress alive!
If she dies relationships die and the possibility of one if you do not have any; most importantly when we lose our femininity we can lose a part of ourselves – not a good look for a diva!
It doesn’t matter how much we weigh or the shape of our bodies. Expressing our femininity is what separates us from our male counterparts. It’s owning your womanhood and all of its powers.
It’s what makes you a diva-force to be reckoned with and you don’t have to be a ” Beauty Queen ” or ” Super Model ” to use your diva powers.
We all have it, but not all of us know how to find it.
1. Appreciate your sexual self-expression as it is today and how it has been in the past, and make the decision to go in a different direction. What kind of seductress do you see yourself becoming? Visualize her.
2. Take out the Trash! Get rid of anything that does not serve your new goals and let go of the things that stand in the way of a diva-licious new self-image that will be born as you become more aware that your inner seductress is there.
Go through your closets and get a big garbage can go through all of your clothing and under garments and ask yourself would a diva where this?
Get rid of the old stuff ripped up bras, panty hose with holes with runs and clothing that no longer suits you. Ask yourself: Would a dazzling diva be caught in that get up?
If the answer is ” Hell to the No! “ trash it or donate it.
3. Create a vision board for the diva seductress, start looking around for things that symbolize her self-expression and sexuality that represent your new choices, fantasies, fulfillment and desires. This can be garter belts, corsets, or little knick- knacks, you can even go to a travel agency and get brochures of places you would like to go etc. Have fun with it be creative!
Go through magazines and find pictures that represent of how you want to look and feel and express yourself with a man. As you achieve your goals, make a new poster 🙂
Use language – cut out headlines that state your new choices like ” Confidence is Sexy ” or ” Sexiest Woman on earth etc.
Watch movies and learn from them like Basic Instinct and countless others
4. Find your best default pic of you in your diva-ness – if you do not have one that represents your new self-image find one in a magazine of google it, but just one picture is all you need to add to your visual mantra. Frame that picture and add it to your shrine.
5. Take ” him ” to the Cleaners – Tell ” Mr. Wrong ” good-bye
and say Hello to” Mr. Right-now ”
If you already have a good man – invest in a hot tub ….
Mia The Diva
The ” 90/10 ” Rule
December 22, 2011
Mia The Diva
In addition to being fabulous, a lot of our lifestyle is structured around what we eat. In weight management food is very important.
People can work out for hours and hours, cardio and power walk, run themselves to death sweat out in saunas only to get frustrated when just ” water weight ” comes off and never really seem to lose anything.
Such a shame after a Diva has sweated her hair out and no results!
In managing weight it’s 90% of what you eat, and 10% of exercise, so let’s check out how our diets compare:
The American Cancer Society has developed guidelines to help you reduce your risk for cancer and other ” lifestyle ” illnesses like heart disease and diabetes etc.
Did you know that scientist estimate that 35% of all cancer deaths may be related to what we eat?
We don’t need to be buying flowers for any divas anytime soon so check out these steps listed below to help get us started on the path to eating clean.
* Avoiding Obesity ( weighing more than 20% or more of your target weight standard based on your frame and if you are small or big boned )
* Eating fewer foods that have high cholesterol levels.
* Cutting down on fat intake – primarily from animals that come from meat and dairy products
*Eating bulkier, high fiber foods like veggies and whole grain breads and cereals
* Eating at least 5 servingsof fruits and veggies each day especially those rich in vitamin A and Vitamin C.
* Consuming moderate amounts of salt cured, smoked, foods like bacon, ham, and smoked fish.
* Don’t blame it on the alcohol! LoL limit your intake if you drink at all
* Cutting down on salt
* Reduce intake of sugar
* Reducing fat intake
* Choose food items with less than one gram of fat per 30 calories.
* Keep saturated fat ( found in animal products and packaged foods ) less than 10% of total calories.
* Calculate the percentage of calories from fat by ( amount of calories x .30 = number of calories from fat )
If you need help on deciding what to eat and how much of it use The Food Guide Pyramid.
Mia The Diva
December 21, 2011
Mia The Diva
Must you be ” liked ” by everyone?
Do you always want to be everyone’s best friend? Never turn down an invitation, always trying to get someone’s attention to show them how great you are by dazzling your diva charms?
Do you go above and beyond to get approval from someone at the cost of taking away from yourself and your values?
Do you feel unappreciated and become depressed if people do not respond in a certain way to all of your efforts to make them ” happy ” and ” approve ” of you?
People who can not love and approve of themselves live in tremendous emotional pain.
If you do not approve of yourself who else will?
People who reject and even hate themselves are setting themselves up for a life of misery and failure.
How do you feel about yourself?
Alot of people don’t even know because they have never taken the time to think about it.
You actually DO have a relationship with yourself and that is by far one of the most important relationship that you will ever have.
You are the one person that you will NEVER get away from.
Friendships, marriages, and family come and go weither it be by choice or when life takes it’s course but you will always be there. You will always have yourself.
If you don’t like yourself, if you don’t get along with yourself, you are setting yourself up for a life of misery and pain, not a good look for a diva.
Enjoying Life is impossible if we do not enjoy ourselves.
Make a decision today to develop a new and more positive attitude toward yourself!
Calories, what are they? Why do we need to count them anyways??? – Diva Eats Tuesday
December 20, 2011
Mia The Diva
Calories are units of chemical released energy released to your body when you eat food.
It’s really not that complicated, it’s pretty basic matter of fact.
If you eat just the right amount of calories, your body will use up the energy released.
You will neither gain or lose weight.
Consume too many calories and well……..we have all been there; your body will store the excess in
the form of fat and we are not talking about “phat.”
If you continue to consume too many calories you will get fatter and fatter depending on your body
type you body will continue to store fat according to your body type so you may gain in the hip,
booty, thighs and stomach.
Consume fewer calories than you need and your body uses up the stored fat areas and starts you
on the path to getting ” Fly by July ”
Tips for counting calories:
1. A food journal
2. A kitchen scale and measuring cups
3. A calorie counter book.
(Make sure that you get one that includes information on protein, fat, and carbohydrate contents.)
Start today by keeping record of everything you eat throughout your day and be as detailed as
possible. So for example just don’t say you ate chicken. Write how it was prepared baked, fried etc.
and how much of it you ate.
If you don’t really know where you are at now it’s hard to change what you don’t know so just right
down everything you eat for now so you have a picture of what you are consuming.
I know it’s a pain to measure things but after awhile we will be pros!
Here is a quick way to measure food without scales and measuring spoons and cups.
(Great for when eating out )
The size of your fist = 1 cup
The size of your thumb = 1 oz.
The tip of your thumb = 1 teaspoon
The center of your palm ( no fingers ) = 3 oz.
Mia The Diva