5 Ingredients for a Healthy Diet
January 10, 2012
Mia The Diva
What’s a girl to eat?
So many choices….mmmm I’m hungry.
Well if you are like most divas, taste, price, how easy it is to prepare and nutrition play a major role and food presentation is a must lol….
We know that making the right food choices can help prevent health problems like heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
We are bombarded on a daily basis with so much confusing information.
How does a girl know if she is choosing the right foods?
The following 5 characteristics of a healthy diet from nutrition experts Frances Sizer, M.S., and Elanor Whitney, Ph.D
1. Adequacy – Make sure your diet provides enough vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to replace those you use up each day.
2. Balance – Don’t fill up on one food that is good for you and neglect the other for example if you eat nothing but protein don’t think that you don’t need calcium etc.
3. Calorie Control – Take no more calories than you use – If you don’t use it – you don’t lose it , it stores as fat which can cause you to become overweight and other health problems.
4. Moderation – Limit certain foods – foods like the ones that contain alot of fat and cholesterol and sugar – this does not mean you can’t indulge by having a great steak or hot fudge sundae. It just means what is says moderation not total abstinence.
5. Variety – Yes variety is the spice of life! Eat alot of different foods you will not only get the nutrients you will need but you will also enjoy meal time more 🙂 also becareful not to eat the same thing all the time because alot of food contain small amounts of toxins – the body usually does not notice it unless you eat it alot –
Slow your role sister!
Wait a few days before repeating the same food to help reduce your chances of any danger.
Mia The Diva